Pages

Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Use What You Have Challenge, Card #1

This card is one of my entries into Sweet Stamp Shop's "Use What You Have Challenge".

The challenge is to use some old supplies that we've neglected, to make something new.  For this first card, I wanted to use some Kelly Purkey letter stickers that I got with a card kit.

The stash:


The card:


Using a technique I learned in Summer Card Camp 2 on layering die cuts, I layered the stickers for a little more dimension, especially since they were going onto an embossed panel.  They were white, and I colored them with a Sharpie (Copics didn't work, the stickers were too glossy.)  The sun is also a die cut made from a couple of layers of cardstic, but I wanted it match the rays, so I inked it with Memento Dandelion, the same ink I used for the rays.  Then I covered the sun with some Glossy Accents.  Love that stuff!


1 comment: