Pages

Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Summer Card Camp, Day 1!

I'm back... I have been neglecting the blog lately, which is part of the reason why I signed up for Online Card Classes' Summer Card Camp 2.  I didn't take Summer Card Camp 1, but I'm excited nonetheless.

Yesterday was our first day of class, so I have some homework to show off to you.

This first card is a simple one that uses the colors suggested to us for the first week, but none of the sketches.      Those chevrons are stamped in grey ink and then the spaces are colored in with Copics.  (Side note:  Whenever I hear people say "Coh-pick", I always think of The Cutting Edge and "Toe pick!"  Anybody else?)


The second card follows one of the sketches almost exactly, and I used Jennifer McGuire's technique of making the banner be the entire front of the card, so that is the part that opens.  I also used her technique of layering the die cute, in order to give it a little more dimension.


Sorry these pictures are a little dark... a friend is working with me to take better pictures, and teach me how to use my camera.  In the meantime, though, be thankful they are in focus! :)



4 comments:

  1. Your cards are fantastic! Absolutely beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cards! I love them! And thank you for your nice comments at my blog! I made a blog post today on how I photograph my cards! Here is a link to it! :) http://www.makingcardsisfun.com/2013/07/how-i-photograph-my-cards.html

    Have a great day!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely cards! My favourite is the second one--it's awesome!

    ReplyDelete