Pages

Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Clean and Simple card making, Day 2



I'm catching up slowly by slowly on the card making class!  Day 2's lesson was about making one layer cards, and using masking and watercolor techniques to make them stand out.  Making the card below was, for me, an exercise in figuring out how to use what I have instead of fancy tools I can't afford.

So, instead of a die cutter, I used a circle cutter (if I had had more patience it would have been an exacto knife, but, well, it's late); instead of sticky backed paper, I used card stock and respositionable adhesive that I don't use much; instead of making an embellishment out of an epoxy sticker, I colored in a stamp with my Glaze pens.  By the way, I love those Glaze pens.  The local craft store told me they weren't selling well, so maybe I'm the only one who loves them, but I just think they are genius and so much fun.

I kind of hate using up my stamp ink on filling in stencils though, and I don't have enough materials to really do it right.  I wonder if I could use colored pencils or watercolors instead?

Here's the card:  I don't love it, but it's sort of cute.  Let me know what you think!




No comments:

Post a Comment