Pages

Search This Blog

Sunday, January 27, 2013

Cards using my card kits

So I used to be a Birchbox member, because I loved getting a box of stuff every month, without knowing what was in it.  But as much as I love their service, I was finding that make-up samples aren't really my thing.  I was delighted when I found out that Simon Says Stamp, a website which sells crafting supplies, has a monthly card kit!  I've been playing with the loot I've been getting for the last few months, and here are some of the results, which are on my Etsy shop, and which you can also see here, in the January 2013 card kit gallery, and here, in the February 2013 card kit gallery.

With the January kit, I made two cards, trying out a technique of stamping a background in different colors.  I used small floral stamps I had lying around, inked them in different colors, and went nuts making backgrounds.  Then I added some ribbon and popped the sentiment up.

Card #1:





With the February kit, I used the pink and gray colors to inspire a wedding card:




I used a stamp from the Paper Source, using half of it at a time, and the sentiment is also stamped. The rest of it is hand drawn, and the strong was added when I just didn't know what else to do!

I hope you like these, and thanks for stopping by!

1 comment: