Pages

Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Clean and Simple Card Making - back to day 1

I finally got around to trying out another technique demonstrated in Day 1 of our class.  I'd been itching to use this stencil, and I needed some Mother's Day Cards, so here's what I came up with:


I used another DIY supply - instead of those misting sprays you can buy, which I don't have any of, I mixed some watercolor paint with a bunch of water in a little spray bottle and used that to spritz the paper.  It worked beautifully!  That's actually orange paint mixed with water.  

I also made another card using a variation on the same technique.  I don't love this card, the stamping is a little messy, and the ink I used over the stencil didn't dry properly since I don't have a heat tool (other than my hair straightener!).  But I love the idea of the grey sky/trees with the red birds.



No comments:

Post a Comment